Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who is eligible?
- Children up to and including the age of 16, who live in the Dudley borough.
- Where is free swimming being offered?
- Crystal Leisure Centre (Stourbridge), Dudley Leisure Centre and Halesowen Leisure Centre during public swimming sessions.
- When does it run from?
- Free swimming started on Saturday 13 April 2019 and is available during Dudley borough school holidays.
- Can I just turn up?
- No - you have to pre-register online to be eligible for free swimming.
- How do I sign up?
- Register at www.freeswimindudley.co.uk. Once registration is complete, you will be sent a QR code. It will be scanned on entry to reception at the centres to allow free admission. Children under the age of 13 must be registered by their parents.
- I’ve previously registered. Do I need to register again?
- If you have previously registered and still have your QR code, just take the QR code to the leisure centre and show it to reception staff.
- What do I need to do if I have previously registered, but have lost my QR code?
- Just click on the ‘Resend Code’ link on the top of the website.
- How often can I go swimming for free?
- As often as you like during Dudley borough school holidays! Your free swim code can be used once a day, every day, during public swimming times.
- Are there any days that I can’t swim for free?
- Yes there are. You will have to pay the admission price to swim on school inset days, school training days, May Days and election days.
- Will I have to queue to get into the swimming pool?
- Yes, you may have to queue at the leisure centres. The centres may operate a queuing system which may result in queuing outside the building.
- Are the fun pool sessions (fun float sessions and aqua-run sessions) at Halesowen Leisure Centre included in the free swimming scheme?
- No - you will have to pay the admission price for these sessions.
- What if I don’t have a printer? Can I just show the code on my phone?
- Yes, it will still be scannable on your phone.
- What about if I haven’t got a computer or access to the internet?
- If you are a library card holder, you can register at all Dudley borough libraries.
- What do I do if I lose my QR code? Will I have to register again?
- No, however there is a ‘Resend Code’ button on the website. It will ask for the registered email address and date of birth, and then re-send the email with the QR code on. The QR code has to be presented on each visit for free swimming to be allowed.
- Can I register all of my children for this scheme?
- Yes, as long as the children are up to and including the age of 16 and live in the Dudley borough.
- My child is eligible for free swimming, do they still need to register?
- I have more than one child registered, how will I know which code to use for which child?
- Every code that is sent out will have the name of the child printed underneath it.
- I have registered more than one child, but I have only received one QR code, is this correct?
- No, you need a QR code for each child. When you register you will be sent a separate ‘Activation’ email for each child. You then need to click on the link in each ‘Activation’ email to receive all the QR codes.
- I have registered more than one child, but I have only received one ‘Activation’ email.
- Some email clients group together emails from the same source. Please check to see if there is a number next to the ‘Activation’ email as this will indicate multiple emails for you to action.
- I can’t swim - can I use other facilities in the centre for free instead?
- Unfortunately not, the offer is just for free swimming.
- Who do I contact if I have any questions?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When awaiting a response, please check your spam or junk folders to make sure it has not dropped into there by mistake.
- What are the school term dates for Dudley borough? Winter/Spring 2020
Term starts - Monday 6 January
Half term - Monday 17 to Friday 21 February
Term ends - Friday 3 April
Good Friday - Friday 10 April
Easter Monday - Monday 13 April
Term starts - Monday 20 April
Half term - Monday 25 to Friday 29 May
Term ends - Monday 20 July
May Day - Friday 8 May Free swimming is not available on this day. The relevant admission price must be paid
Spring Bank Holiday - Monday 25 May
Term starts - Tuesday 1 September
Half term - Monday 26 October to Friday 30 October
Term ends - Friday 18 December
Christmas Day - Friday 25 December
Monday 28 December (in lieu of boxing day)
New Year - Friday 1 January 2021
Term starts - Monday 4 January
Half term - Monday 15 February to Friday 19 February
Term ends - Thursday 1 April
Good Friday - Friday 2 April
Easter Monday - Monday 5 April
Term starts - Monday 19 April
Half term - MOnday 31 May to Friday 4 June
Term ends - Wednesday 21 July
Mayday Day - Monday 3 May
Free swimming is not available on this day. The relevant admission price must be paid.
Spring Bank Holiday - Monday 31 May